January 2022 Astro Magic
Happy New Year!
After November and December, January will be a piece of cake. Of course, there are some hiccups – the Sun conjoins Pluto and squares Uranus, Mars forms a problematic aspect to Neptune, and both Venus and Mercury are retrograde. But January is much easier and more manageable.
The month of January finds us in the middle of Capricorn season, which began on the Winter Solstice and continues until the Sun moves into Aquarius on January 19th.
Capricorn is an earth sign that is concerned with taking charge, being ambitious, striving for success, and focusing on things that matter. In other words, it’s not the time to be passive and let the world pass you by; it’s time to seize your moment and make things happen. Since Capricorn is a cardinal sign, the past no longer matters. It is what you can do today that should be your focus.
Saturn rules the sign of Capricorn. Now, Saturn gets a lot of bad press in pop astrology. He is the planet of limitations, boundaries, responsibilities, and duties, but Saturn has an important function. Saturn doesn’t put off what can be accomplished today, so he can go out with friends, surf social media sites, or shop until he drops. He grinds things out because structure and foundation are more important than frivolity.
In Greek myth, Saturn ruled over the “Golden Age”. The Golden Age was a time of peace, prosperity, and abundance, but it wasn’t accomplished with “wish” magic, it was accomplished with ‘do’ magic. In other words, good old-fashioned elbow grease!
So, to put it simply, Capricorn season is about taking care of business (personal and professional), and to achieve a successful New Year, you must lay the foundation. Just make sure what you plant will be fruitful!
5 Ways to Make the Most of Capricorn Season
- Career Magic: Capricorn season is all about ambition and profession. This is the perfect time to do magic to find a new job or even to get a better job. It’s also an excellent time for you to obtain the favor of older, experienced, or superior (as in position) people. You can use the energy of the sign of the goat to land the position that you want.
- Success Magic: Are you working on a new project or releasing a new product? Capricorn season is ideal for success magic. The symbol for Capricorn is a goat and its horn, known as the cornucopia, is filled with prosperity and abundance. You can use this season to level up and ensure you get everything you deserve and then some.
Recommended Candles: Everything and Then Some (Dorothy Morrison’s Wicked Witch Mojo), Success (Chakra Magic), Lakshmi (World Magic)
- Reputation Magic: Do you need to be noticed for the work you do, or did you make a mistake and need to repair a damaged reputation? Well, Capricorn season is the best time to fix things or make things happen. You can use this month’s energy to improve your social image or to get the attention you deserve.
- Business Magic: During the pandemic, many businesses have suffered because of circumstances beyond their control. Now is the time to reclaim your power and be the cause, not the effect. Use this energy in any business situation that needs a boost. Capricorn season is also the perfect time to start something new.
- Prosperity Magic: Anytime the Sun is in an earth sign, it’s an excellent time to do prosperity magic. So, Capricorn season is great to petition for what you want and need. Prosperity is more than money, so make sure you include things like health, a supportive social circle, and a positive attitude as well.
There is an intriguing concept in Kabbalah called ‘Tikkun Olam or simply ‘Tikkun’. Our Tikkun is our personal correction in this lifetime, and it can be found by looking at the sign of your North Node. For example, my North Node is in the sign of Pisces, and it is in my 5th house. This means that my purpose for being here, and to experience soul growth, is to develop empathy and compassion for others and relate to them on a personal level. Fascinating stuff, right?
Well, we have a collective Tikkun as well. This means every year and a half we get a new lesson that we need to learn as a collective group, and these lessons go backward through the signs, and a new cycle begins every 18.5 years. Tapping into the collective Tikkun helps align us with natural laws. According to the mystical kabbalah, when we are aligned with the light, we can open our vessels to receive more magic in our lives. So, if you want to boost your magic, get in touch with the sign that the North Node is currently in.
For the last year and a half, the North Node has been in the sign of Gemini. We have been encouraged to take our ideas and opinions and apply them to our lives. Are we walking the walk or just talking the talk? The Gemini North Node is about formulating our own opinions that may be contrary to the group, but our individual contributions add to the greater whole. Now, whether we have been successful as a collective doesn’t matter. What matters is you and your personal relationship with the light! At the end of the day, everything is personal – even global change.
This month, the North Node changes signs by moving out of Gemini and into earthy Taurus. Our collective lesson is to stay calm, develop stability of character, and evaluate our values. Ultimately, we are tasked with living in a world that we can control, develop, and leave other people to manage their own affairs.
Last month, Venus went retrograde in the sign of Capricorn. Relationships are under the gun, and Venus continues to move backward throughout January. Further, Venus remains co-present with Pluto, which adds to the intensity of this Venus cycle. So, to help you stay on track, I’ve included a checklist – and who doesn’t like a checklist? I’ve also included some magical tips.
7 Point Checklist for Venus Retrograde
- Review Relationships – During Venus retrograde our major relationships are under review. It’s time to do a little emotional inventory and decide the current status of our relationships and whether changes need to be made.
- Boundaries – Over time, relationships can get out of control. We can let things slide by thinking that they are ‘one-time’ events and before you know it, they are part of the relationship dynamic. Sometimes you need boundaries! In my experience as a coach, people are often afraid of boundaries because they are fearful of losing the relationship. But I’ve got a newsflash – if someone exits a relationship because of boundaries, then the relationship had a faulty foundation, to begin with. Boundaries are tools to use to prevent problems from flaring up. They are about preservation, not dissolution.
- Balance – Are you putting more effort into your relationship than your partner? If so, you need to find some balance. Nobody wants to be taken advantage of, disrespected, or taken for granted. Relationships that suffer from balance problems, usually end up with a partner becoming resentful, and there is nothing more toxic to a relationship than resentment.
- Unrealistic Expectations – Expectations can be a major problem in relationships because they can lead to buyers’ remorse. Often people can fall into the belief that a relationship is headed somewhere when it is not. So, if you are looking for structure, foundation, long-term commitment, and eventually getting married and your partner isn’t interested in taking on that type of relationship, problems will occur. Use Venus retrograde to find out if you are aligned with your partner, and if not, it might be time to SWIPE RIGHT.
- Fantasy or Reality – This is a close cousin to expectations, except it can include a ton of other (some dark) things. Let me cut to the chase – if you think that your partner will magically change one day and want the same things that you do, then Venus retrograde may be troubling. Or if you believe your male friend of five years is going to one day wake up and realize he wants you, then Venus Rx could be an eye-opening experience that will be revealed in March, and likely with some unsettling news. It’s time to view relationships honestly and accept them for what they are, not what you want them to be.
- The Young and the Ex’s – All retrogrades mean it’s time to review the past, and Venus is no exception. Often former relationship partners resurface, especially if there was a lack of closure. Sometimes our old feelings may lead us to question whether there is a future? However, in most cases, former relationships that resurface have a purpose: to show you how much you have grown. Remember, there is a reason your ex is an ex, and it’s often best to pass them by and leave them in the rearview mirror.
- Money, Money, Money – Besides love, Venus rules money. While Venus is retrograde, it’s the perfect time to put your finances into perspective. Even if you are doing well, it never hurts to balance your checkbook, renegotiate your interest rates, and create a plan to reduce your debt. One thing to avoid during Venus retrograde is making investments.
Recommended Magic: Of course, having a relationship with Venus during Venus retrograde is important, so stocking up on a few Venus (Astro Magic) candles is at the top of the list. Love’s Enchantment (Blessed Herbal) candle is another option. But Mercury Retrograde Neutralizer spray is an excellent cut and clear, and you can use it as a room spray or even spray your petitions. Finally, the Heart (Blessed Herbal) candle will help calm your emotions and provide you with some stability through the Venus Rx process.
Mercury Rx in Aquarius
Yes, it’s that time again – Mercury turns retrograde in Aquarius on January 14th. Of course, communication issues will happen, and you need to check your travel plans several times before embarking on a trip or boarding a plane. Since this retrograde occurs in technology-oriented Aquarius, problems with computers, IT companies, and the internet are bound to occur.
The New Moon in Capricorn
The first New Moon of the Year happens on January 2nd in Capricorn. This is the most powerful point of Capricorn season, and it’s an auspicious time to start the year on a solid footing, especially since Capricorn season is goal-oriented and can give you an extra boost.
This New Moon is excellent for finding a new job, getting a promotion or raise, starting a business, or doing maintenance magic on an existing business. Capricorn season is also excellent for reputation building and reputation repair. And, of course, since Capricorn is an earth sign, a little prosperity magic never hurt anyone.
The Full Moon in Cancer
The Full Moon occurs in the sign of Cancer on January 17th. This Full Moon is potent because it is in opposition to Pluto in Capricorn. The Full Moon opposing Pluto can bring up toxic familial situations or emotional situations where you have lost your power on stage to deal with them internally and externally. Full Moons are emotionally intense, but this one is off the chain. So, get prepared!
Cancer Full Moons are a wonderful time to work through family of origin issues or to let go of emotional pain and past hurts. It’s also excellent for healing work and ridding yourself of health issues. So, if you need to let something go emotionally, this is the Full Moon to get it done and over with, once and for all.
January 3, 2022 – January 9, 2022
One of the stark differences between November and December and the month of January is the lack of aspects between the planets. At the end of last year, we were inundated with aspect after aspect, and throughout most of 2022, things drastically slow down. This can be both positive and challenging because although things will be calmer when there are no aspects, the energy can become stagnant. Then, since the daily aspects are primarily driven by the Moon, we can easily get stuck in the feels.
This week starts with only two planetary aspects – Venus Rx sextile Neptune and the Sun conjoining Venus Rx.
The week begins with the Moon moving through Saturn ruled Capricorn and Aquarius. Saturn provides a serious backdrop, which is fitting because everyone will be back to work after the holidays. Expect some intensity on the career front when the Moon conjoins Pluto in Capricorn on Monday. The Moon will then go void of course (avoid making firm agreements or stating anything new) until late afternoon when she moves into Aquarius. On Tuesday, expect the unexpected and things to change at a moment’s notice as the Moon squares Uranus. You may feel frustrated and defeated by outside forces, but continue to press on – and remember, you are not your feelings.
Midweek, we have a lovely aspect between Venus and Neptune and romance is in the air. You will feel a powerful soul connection with your partner, so it’s the perfect day for a date night or even a nicely prepared dinner and a Netflix binge. Also, immerse yourself in music and the arts, because they are powerful conduits that will uplift your spirit and feed your soul.
This weekend, the Sun conjoins Venus Rx. This is a fine time to explore your relationships and who you are in them. Are you a different person when you are connected to someone or do you maintain your individual identity? Remember, one of the main features of Venus Rx is seeking balance, and that includes balance within.
January 10, 2022 – January 16, 2022
The second week of January starts on a low note, as both the Sun and Mars aspect Neptune. On Monday, the Sun sextiles Neptune in Pisces. Although you won’t be in the mood to get up and go, it is a perfect day to relax, chill, and focus on some alone time. It’s a wonderful day to connect with your spiritual side, do some meditation, or take a walk through the woods or a nature reserve. However, be prepared for your energy levels to plummet on Tuesday when energetic Mars squares Neptune. Mars square Neptune is a debilitating aspect that often leads to self-doubt and discouragement. Try to conserve as much energy as possible.
The middle of the week comes with a gentle Moon in Taurus that makes positive aspects to the Sun and Pluto. It’s a wonderful day to pamper yourself, take care of personal responsibility, and stand in your power. Since the Moon is in Taurus, it’s an excellent day to indulge in something tasty and decadent.
This weekend begins with Mercury reversing course as he turns retrograde in Aquarius. Make sure you back up your electronic devices and prepare for communication snafus. On Sunday, the Sun makes a conjunction with Pluto in Capricorn. Expect powerful experiences and intense transformation. It may be time to consider repairing an area of your life that has broken down or reached the point of no return.
January 17, 2022 – January 23, 2022
We start the week with a powerful Full Moon in emotional Cancer. Now, the tricky part of this Full Moon is that it is closely opposed to Pluto. Emotions will be intense, and you may feel overwhelmed if you do not regulate them closely. Avoid doing things impulsively. Instead, try to pause and think things out before proceeding with any course of action.
During the middle of the week, expect a swift energy change as the Sun moves out of Capricorn and into Aquarius. This is an excellent time for you to review your social circle and purge any groups, acquaintances, or friendships that are no longer adding value to your life. It’s also a good time to get involved with any causes that you truly believe in. Your voice matters, and it is amplified when you join like-minded individuals and build bridges that ultimately create change.
The weekend starts with the Moon moving through dutiful Virgo. It’s an excellent time to work on your to-do list and complete mundane tasks that have been building up. On Saturday, the Moon moves out of Virgo and into Libra and forms a beautiful trine to the Sun and Mercury. It’s a wonderful day to spend time with those you love.
Finally, on Sunday, The Sun conjoins Mercury Rx. The Sun conjoined to Mercury provides you with the opportunity to review and reflect on your life and get in touch with who you are. Life can often catch us by surprise, and before we notice we have taken a detour on the road to nowhere. Now is your opportunity to get back on track again.
Recommended Candles: Full Moon (Astro Magic), Truth Spell (Blessing Kit), Sweet Grass (World Magic)
January 24, 2022 – January 30, 2022
The week starts with Mars moving out of fiery Sagittarius and into Capricorn. The good news is that Mars is exalted in the sign of the sea-goat. In Capricorn, Mars is more tempered, strategic, and tenacious. He is willing to work for what he wants and will play the long game until he succeeds. Mars in Capricorn is an exceptional time to work on major projects and strive to achieve your goals. You will have the practical skills and determination to push through one step at a time.
On Tuesday, Mercury moves backward out of Aquarius and into Capricorn. Issues that you dealt with in December may resurface and come to final completion. You may experience difficulties with corporations or big businesses throughout the rest of the retrograde cycle. When making decisions, take your time and weigh your options before committing to anything, and avoid proceeding forward until February 3rd, when Mercury goes direct.
The middle of the week features the Moon moving through Scorpio and forming lovely sextiles to Mercury and Pluto. If you need to speak your mind, this is an excellent time to do it.
The significant newsmaker this weekend is Venus turning direct in Capricorn. Relationships that have been through the wringer will slowly get some relief. However, remember that Venus remains in Capricorn until March 6th.
Finally, Sunday brings the Sun, forming a tough square to Uranus. Expect some mild disruption and unexpected events.
Meet Storm Cestavani at www.stormcestavani.com. For Storm, Astrology is a lifelong study and passion. His combination of Astrology, psychology, mythology, and Kabbalistic studies create an experience he calls Transformational Astrology. A session with Storm is about unlocking your potential through self-awareness, healing, and perfect timing. We give Storm 12 stars. Meet Patty Shaw at www.facebook.com/healingwithpattyshaw/.
Don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter here for more Coventry magic delivered right to your inbox. Visit our website coventryCREATIONS.com for all your magical needs.