May 2022 Astro Magic Forecast
Can you believe it is already May? This year is rapidly passing us by, and the month of May could be the month where we turn the curve completely and begin to do what we can to improve our lives after a few years of upheaval.
And, for many, this couldn’t come any sooner. Feel free to breathe a sigh of relief, and welcome to the new normal. Although Gemini season is about ideas, exchange, and learning about new things, it’s also about having some fun and enjoying ourselves. In psychology, Gemini is connected to the Puer Aeternus (Eternal Youth), and during this season it's helpful to let our inner child play and enjoy life – at least a little bit.
So, let’s dive into all the magical ways that we can tap into Gemini season.
5 Magical Ways to Make the Most Out of Gemini Season
- Air Magic: Gemini is an air sign, and the element of air is associated with the rational intellect and our ability to communicate our thoughts and ideas. So, pay close attention to what you say, because, like it or not, your words are magical – they can heal or destroy. One of the easiest ways to perform air magic is journaling. The act of using a pen to channel words onto paper is a magical art that doesn't get enough fanfare, but it works, and it works well. Also, incantations, prayers, blessings, and saying a spell are all forms of air magic. Tools you may want to include are pens, pencils, paper, markers, feathers, incense, and grimoires. Recommended: Mercury (Astro Magic), Truth and Justice (Blessed Herbal), Answers (Chakra Magic).
- Friendship Magic: Everything is better with some friends, isn’t it? Since the sign of Gemini is concerned with communication and socializing, it’s an excellent time to attract new friends or like-minded individuals. However, when petitioning for new friends, make sure you are very specific and leave out no details. And, as Dorothy Morrison always says, make sure you petition for a human unless the four-legged friends are your jam. Recommended: Attraction (Blessed Herbal), Mercury (Astro Magic), Dreams Come True (Blessing Kit)
- Networking Magic: This is a close cousin to Friendship Magic. Expanding your influence, especially if you are in business, is simply a must. Face it, everyone needs connections, and we all need people we can contact if their services are in need. This month, we are given the opportunity to expand our circle, so make sure you take advantage of the energy. Recommended: Road Opener (Motor City Hoodoo), Jupiter (Astro Magic), Everything and then Some (Wicked Witch Mojo)
- Business Magic: Do you need to make a business deal, submit a proposal, or make a transaction? If so, Gemini season (just watch out if Mercury is retrograde) is the time to do so. Gemini rules business transactions and can help you get the best deals. You can also use this month to haggle prices. Recommended: Road Opener (Motor City Hoodoo), Mercury (Astro Magic), Fast Cash (Wicked Witch Mojo)
- Communication Magic: Gemini is ruled by the planet Mercury, and Mercury is the communication planet. So, if you need to have a serious conversation with someone, you can use this season to put the odds in your favor. You can also use this season to improve your communication with someone or reopen the lines of communication with someone you have lost touch with. Recommended: Sweet Grass (World Magic), Mercury (Astro Magic), Problem Solving (Blessed Herbal)
This month, the cosmic juggernaut Jupiter moves out of Pisces and into fiery Aries. Since Jupiter is the planet of expansion and Aries is a fire sign, there’s some heavy-duty octane in store until October, when Jupiter retrogrades back into his sign of Pisces.
The sign of Pisces is the last sign of the zodiac, and it reflects the conclusion of a cycle. It’s the end, and after every ending, regardless of what the ending is, there is a new beginning, and that new beginning is reflected in the sign of Aries. The key phrase for the sign of Aries is ‘I AM’, and it reflects that out of the collective soup of Pisces, individuality is born.
Jupiter moving into Aries reflects expansion on a personal level, and we all need time to look after our own individual desires and motivations to feel complete. Some of us will do it through our careers and personal projects that expand our lives in a more meaningful way. Others may seek meaning through
the desire to have a family, and literally expand their lives through progeny and familial connections. The main thing is that our motivations are linked to what will make us happy and bring us joy.
Since Aries is a fire sign, Jupiter transiting through the sign allows us to break through obstacles that may have inhibited your personal growth. Aries is a sign that likes to fight, and Jupiter expands the sign's ambition and urges to win. While Jupiter is in Aries, you are more likely to take risks and explore options you may have felt were risky or unobtainable. Furthermore, Jupiter is a lucky planet, not because some random force gives you a secret nod or wink, but because you can easily take advantage of opportunities. So, if you’ve always had a dream or aspiration to do something, make sure you take advantage of this energy.
In other cosmic news, Mercury will retrograde this month in Gemini. Gemini is concerned with ideas, concepts, and learning new things that help us navigate our way through life. The sign of the twins also likes to communicate and express itself. While Mercury is retrograde, it’s time to look at our ideas, opinions, and what we are saying. Since Mercury rules Gemini, this is a double-whammy, so you can expect communication issues to be amplified. So, put a close watch on your tongue.
Mercury Rx Dirty Dozen! Tips and Tricks to Wrangling the Trickster God
- Make sure you go over anything contractual thoroughly. Make sure all the i’s are dotted, and all the t’s are crossed. If you can get away with it, wait until after the retrograde to sign on the dotted line.
- Avoid starting anything new. New projects tend to have communication problems and mishaps when initiated during this process.
- Put a watch on your tongue. (If it is not worth saying, don’t say it)
- Check your vehicles for any potential problems. Before Mercury goes retrograde, is the best time for a service call.
- Avoid buying real estate or renting apartments. Usually, this means you will move again during a future Mercury Rx.
- Using mail delivery services that offer tracking and insurance.
- Check, recheck, and check again any travel plans you have or appointments on the books. 8. If you do travel, don’t take anything of importance or value. Only bring items that you do not care if they are lost or stolen.
- Expect people from the past to resurface. However, once they crawl out of whatever cavern they came from, proceed with caution.
- Back up all electronic devices.
- Avoid buying an automobile.
- Mercury Rx is a great time to scour places (online and offline) for great deals! Whew, that is some list!
The good news is that we can use Mercury Rx as a powerful tool. Since Mercury is moving backwards, we are moving over old territory. We have been here before, and we can use this backward motion as a review process that allows us to ‘redo’ (Mercury Rx loves words that start with ‘re’) choices and decisions we have already made. Also, the truth always surfaces during a Mercury Rx. Expect new information to emerge that may have led to a wrong decision in the past.
Lunar Eclipse in Scorpio
The Full Moon occurs this month in the sign of Scorpio on May 15, 2022, and it’s a lunar eclipse. As I stated last month during the solar eclipse in Taurus, I do not recommend aggressive magic. Instead, focusing on protection and cleansing magic is the best approach during this lunation, especially since it is in turbulent Scorpio.
The sign of Scorpio is connected to the darker parts of your personality, the sides of yourself that you prefer not to show in the light of day. It’s an excellent Full Moon to protect yourself from yourself and work through self-defeating behaviors or self-sabotage. Often the things that we do are not driven by conscious thought but are rooted in our childhood experiences for better or worse. However, this is your show – you get to cast your own characters, defeat your own monsters, marry your own prince (or princess), and yes, write off any characters that no longer serve your purposes. So, get to work on your new script!
New Moon in Gemini
This month, the New Moon occurs in Gemini on May 30, 2022. This is the first lunation in six weeks, where you can put your magical chops to good use and make something happen. Additionally, this New Moon makes favorable aspects to Mars and Jupiter, so it’s the perfect Moon to pursue your agenda and set your magical intentions.
Since Gemini is an air sign, this is an auspicious time to do communication magic, including reopening the lines of communication with those with whom you have lost touch. Spells can include written petitions, feathers, smoke, and incantations. Also, Gemini is great for business and commerce magic. Just keep in mind that Mercury is retrograde until June 3rd. Hold off on signing documents or legal agreements until then.
Recommended: New Moon (Astro Magic), Sweet Grass (World Magic), Clarity-Third Eye (Chakra Magic)
May 2, 2022 – May 8, 2022
The first week of May is about creating changes in your life that promote personal growth and desires. This could create some conflict with others, especially if changes include standing up for yourself and exerting your own power.
We begin the week with Venus moving out of Pisces and into Aries. Venus is considered in her detriment in the sign of Aries, because the love goddesses’ natural mode of expression is to create relationships. However, in Aries, the most important relationship is the one she has with herself. While Venus is in Aries, it’s time to ensure your personal needs are met. Otherwise, conflicts with others may ultimately occur. On Tuesday, Jupiter sextiles Pluto in Capricorn. Jupiter sextile Pluto is about reforming and transforming the world around you, while keeping your big picture objectives in mind. It’s time to reverse what is no longer working and create new systems that do.
During the middle of the week, the Sun conjoins Uranus in Taurus. The Sun conjoined Uranus is a difficult aspect if you are overly structured and a creature of habit. Surprising and unexpected situations may occur that you will find disruptive and can throw you off your game. The key to working with Uranus is that you need to create the changes yourself. It’s an excellent time to explore new things and participate in activities that are fresh and exciting. Uranus is one of the planets associated with freedom, and we all need to break outside our boxes and explore the unknown to keep life fresh and exciting.
This weekend, the intensity of the energy calms down with a lovely Sun-Mars aspect. You will get a much-needed energy boost, and you should use this to work on projects that need completion, especially if they require physical activity. It’s also an outstanding time to start a new exercise plan and focus on improving your health.
May 9, 2022 – May 15, 2022
The week starts with a paradox. On the one hand, Mercury turns retrograde in Gemini, which reflects the need to look at the decisions and choices you have made over the last few months (since early February). On the other hand, Jupiter moves out of Pisces and into fiery Aries and wants to go, go, go.
This combination of energy will cause a heap of trouble, because Mercury retched out will play the trickster god in power ranger mode. Prepare accordingly, and before you leap for the new nice and shiny thing, make sure you’ve analyzed all the details.
During the middle of the week, the Moon moves through Virgo on Wednesday and opposes Mars and Neptune. You will experience mild frustrations throughout the day, especially if you feel your will is being thwarted. Later in the day, avoid spilling secrets, because a snake in the grass may be willing to tell your tales to anyone who will listen. Avoid shady people at all costs!
The good news is that the Moon shifts into Libra on Thursday, and aspects Venus and Jupiter. The Moon moving into the sign of the scales is great for relationships, so a date night might make the day extra special.
This weekend is a bit of a downer, as the Sun squares Saturn in Aquarius. You may feel burdened by your duties, responsibilities, and obligations, and this could lead to mild crankiness. Try to avoid assumptions and gather all the details before proceeding with a course of action. Remember, Mercury is retrograde, and facts may be skewed at this time. The Sun square Saturn can also lead to feelings of depression and loneliness. If this happens, do something nice for someone. It will lift your mood!
May 16, 2022 – May 22, 2022
The week starts rough but turns around this weekend. So, buckle up buttercup, it’s going to be a bumpy ride.
Besides the lunar eclipse that occurs on Monday (see above), the Moon enters fiery Sagittarius and makes a lovely trine to Jupiter. The Moon trine Jupiter may be an uplifting antitoxin to the Scorpio lunar eclipse’s toxic venom. Your mood should be positive, and it’s a great day to do something fun and exciting. This positive trend should continue until Tuesday when the Moon trines Venus. Tuesday is an excellent day for a romantic adventure or just hanging out with your social circle.
On Wednesday, trouble is brewing as Mars conjoins Neptune in Pisces. The good news is that Mars and Jupiter are in mutual reception (in each other’s signs), and this will hopefully help mitigate the energy. The bad news is that Mars conjunct Neptune is a tough aspect that usually comes with side orders of low energy, self-doubt, and inner insecurities. It’s best to avoid starting anything new and avoid people that may take advantage of you. However, it is a good day to do charity work or help another person if your personal agenda is not involved.
After the intensity of Wednesday, Thursday throws us a curveball as the Sun trines Pluto and Mercury conjoins Jupiter. The Sun trine Pluto is great if you need to look within to discover your truth. You may discover that you need to make changes in your life, and they will be easy to make because you will see what needs to be done clearly. Sun trine Pluto will dovetail into Mercury’s conjunction with Jupiter, which will help you see your big picture objectives and help you plan a successful course of action.
This weekend, we move out of Taurus season as the Sun moves into Gemini. It’s a wonderful time to explore all your options, which will be enhanced by Mercury retrogrades ability to help you see what didn’t work well in the past. On Sunday, Mars sextiles powerful Pluto and gives you the ability to course-correct, especially if you’ve been traveling down the wrong road. Pay close attention to the detour signs appearing in your life, as they are clear signs of what you need to change.
May 23, 2022 – May 29, 2022
The last week of May is extremely busy, with 5 major aspects (Sun sextile Jupiter, Mercury sextile Mars, Venus sextile Saturn, Mercury trine Pluto, Venus square Pluto, and Mars conjoins Jupiter), and two sign changes (Mars moves into Aries and Venus moves into Taurus). So, get ready, it’s going to be a fast and furious week.
We begin the week with a lovely aspect between the Sun in Gemini and Jupiter in Aries. Sun sextile Jupiter is an extremely positive aspect, and Monday is one of the most positive days of the year. In traditional astrology, Sun sextile Jupiter is considered a lucky aspect, so anything you invest your time in should be successful. This is also the perfect day to look at your long-term goals and objectives and make modifications if necessary. On Tuesday, Mars moves out of Pisces and into Aries, the sign he rules. Your personal energy will be magnified (if you put forth the effort), and this is an excellent time to work towards achieving your goals. You will be filled with courage, initiative, and gumption, so make sure you use this energy while it’s available.
Towards the middle of the week, Mercury will trine Pluto in Capricorn. This is an extremely useful aspect for inner work and self-discovery. If used properly, Mercury trine Pluto can reveal the positive hidden aspects of yourself that you aren’t currently aware of, and it’s important to take advantage of this newfound knowledge. Everything in life changes, and so do you. So, dig up your new inner treasures.
Finally, this weekend comes with some turbulence as Venus squares Pluto. You may experience intense emotional turmoil, especially if you are dealing with problems in your relationships. You may need to make some changes so that your relationship remains viable. The worst thing you can do is hold onto a relationship that is no longer working simply because you are afraid of being alone. All this will do is inject poisons into the relationship, and it will ultimately end anyways.
Meet Storm at www.stormcestavani.com. For Storm, Astrology is a lifelong study and passion. His combination of Astrology, psychology, mythology, and Kabbalistic studies create an experience he calls Transformational Astrology. A session with Storm is about unlocking your potential through self-awareness, healing, and perfect timing. We give Storm 12 stars. Meet Patty Shaw at www.facebook.com/healingwithpattyshaw/.Don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter here for more Coventry magic delivered right to your inbox. Visit our website coventryCREATIONS.com for all your magical needs.